To apply for membership, click on a link below for your preferred format and
your application will open in a new window. Print, fill out, and return the form to
us at the address listed on the application form as soon as possible.
Application in Microsoft Word Format
in Adobe Acrobat Format
If you do not have the Adobe PDF
Reader on your system, you may download the reader for free by clicking on the
Making a Difference -
Why Membership in the
DeKalb Medical Society is Important
The following are some of the reasons why
membership in the DeKalb Medical Society is important to you as a practicing
physician in the DeKalb County community:
- DMS provides an opportunity for physicians to get together and discuss issues, outside the hospital environment. Examples include the highly popular annual meeting, membership meetings, caucuses for the MAG House of Delegate, the Fall legislative reception with our DeKalb County legislators, and other special events.
- DMS serves the community through the Physician's Care Clinic, which serves the medically indigent patients of DeKalb County. The clinic, which began in 1992, raises all of its support through local foundations and individual contributions and staffs its clinic almost entirely with volunteers. Over 2500 patient visits were logged in at the clinic during the past 12 months.
- DMS provides liaison with key community organizations including the DeKalb Board of Health, the DeKalb County Commission, and the DeKalb Hospital Authority.
- DMS provides an opportunity for liaison with our local legislators to provide grassroots support to MAG's legislative program.
- DMS provides leaders to other medical organizations including MAG, AMA and specialty societies.
- DMS provides communications to its members via its Web site (www.dekmedsoc.org) and our email distribution list.
- DMS provides an administrative office that stands ready and willing to assist you with issues involving your practice.
- And finally, the $290 annual dues to the DeKalb Medical Society are fully tax deductible, which means that the actual cost to the average physician is about $175. The cost of operating the DMS and sustaining the program of work identified above is not high. However, with the support of more of the physicians that practice in our community, we can do so much more.
I cannot stress enough the importance of the DeKalb Medical Society and the necessity of physicians joining together on a grassroots level to have an impact locally, statewide and nationally on the delivery of healthcare. Don't hesitate; make a difference by remitting your check for your annual dues today!
Thank you for your continued support!
Andrea Juliao, MD